Monday, February 8, 2010

munster cuige agm kerry imperialism!

Well having attended the munster cuige agm I was struck by a few things.
I was delighted at the work being done on a comprehensive and coherent economic policy as well as many other items of interest.

On a light note I was very surprised at some of the analogies used by Paul and Teresa. The former stretched a Lady Gaga analogy far beyond its limits in a humerous aside to a very good presentation.
Teresa took the biscuit though in a casual aside she nonchalantly claimed Tom Barry as a native of Kerry! And this in the Mallow GAA grounds!

She then went on to relate the difficulty of the party at the current time to the difficulties of the Kerry football team of last season. Stating her confidence in the calibre of party activists and organisers, and the undoubted need that the country has for Sf policies. She used the analogy of the unarguable supremacy of the Kerry team which although in difficulty dug deep and won the day.....the Cork team barely got a mention except as some sort of inexplicable upstarts that took the Munster title when they shouldn't have! Well Teresa I was at that match.

Kerry limped into the final only coming to life against a dissapointing Dublin team. As for the final I acknowledge that Kerry played like champions.....but like champions on the wayne! It wasn't the superiority of the Kerry team that made Cork hit over twenty wides!
In my view those wides were the real story of that game despite the admirable performance of Kerry.
So can we please mind our analogies for God's sake.........and for fucks sake leave Tom Barry rest in peace in Cork where he belongs!

No comments:

Post a Comment